The herald reports to the Beacon Herald and works with the Cypher Herald on submissions. The herald is responsible for:
• Furthering heraldic activities within the group by actively assisting group members with help, when requested, designing heraldic devices and names.
• Filing timely and accurate reports to the Beacon Herald and the group seneschal.
• Processing heraldic submission forms in a timely and accurate manner.
• Processing all financial transactions that arise from name and device submissions in a timely fashion.
• Keeping accurate records of office activities, including submission and financial matters in accordance with policies and procedures set in Meridian Financial Policy.
• Performing any ceremonial duties as defined by the kingdom and local laws and customs.